About the Program
Emerge a Confident Leader in the Healthcare World
Grounded in well-rounded liberal arts, Westminster's program is enriched by faculty who actively mentor, support, and share their own clinical experiences. You'll gain more than skills: you'll develop expertise in patient care technologies, healthcare policy, conflict resolution, creative problem-solving, and evidence-based practice.
Program curriculum draws upon things happening in your workplace to encourage the development of knowledge that will help you make an impact right away.
nursing school in the intermountain west
What You'll Learn
The goal of the RN-to-BS program is to prepare professional nurses who are competent, caring, ethical, critical thinkers, scholarly, and effective communicators. The program is structured so that graduates will be able to:
- Provide professional nursing care based on knowledge derived from theory and research.
- Synthesize the theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing, life, physical and social sciences, and the arts and humanities in the domains of professional nursing practice.
- Accept responsibility and accountability for the effectiveness of their nursing practice.
- Influence the quality of nursing and health care within practice settings through the use of leadership skills, management concepts, and knowledge of the political system.
- Evaluate research to determine the applicability of research findings in the domains of professional nursing practice.
- Collaborate with other health care providers and members of the general public in promoting the health and well-being of people throughout the life cycle.
- Incorporate professional values with the ethical, moral, and legal aspects in the domains of professional nursing practice.
- Recognize the health needs of today’s society and function in a changing health care delivery system.
- Apply critical thinking skills in personal and professional transitional situations.
Plan of Study
Westminster's curriculum prepares you to be a creative problem-solver with the ability to think critically and adapt to dynamic working environments. You will complete most of the program in an online, interactive format that fits your personal and professional schedule, only coming to campus during the last week of the program to present the projects you have completed.
Liberal Education Courses
Any WCore requirements you have to fulfill can be completed online along with the requirements for the RN-to-BS in Nursing program. WCore is Westminster’s liberal education program that gives you the opportunity to expand your knowledge, exploring new subjects and ideas through unique, engaged, and challenging courses.