Mental Health Counseling
To learn more about Westminster's Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling (MSMHC) please visit the MSMHC website. Applications for Fall 2015 are due Friday, February 13th, 2015.
Applicants must submit the following materials to be considered for admission:
- Application: Online Application or Printable PDF
- $50 application fee
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a recognized international college or university.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional colleagues who can address the candidate’s academic and interpersonal skills relevant to practice as a professional counselor. Click here to download recommendation form.
- A personal statement which addresses the candidate’s career goals, reasons for selecting Westminster College for graduate education, and practice/research interests.
- Scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the past 5 years.
- Proof of clear state and federal background checks at the time of admission. Click here for instructions. Please note the background check may take up to three weeks to process.
- All materials must be postmarked by that date. Applications may be submitted later but will be placed on a waiting list and reviewed only as spaces become available.
International Students must also provide the following material:
- Bank Statement
- Proof of Visa status
- English translation of transcripts with explanation of grading systems
- Statement of financial responsibility
- *Recommended TOEFL score of 100 (internet-based test), or 250 (computer-based test), or 600 (paper-based test), or IELTS 7.0 if English is not the native language
- Please read our International Student Guidelines and Financial Statement.
* Transcripts or test scores are considered official when sent directly from the school or testing service.
Send or Fax Admissions Materials to:
Westminster College Admissions Office
1840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84105
Toll Free: 800.748.4753