1) Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• upholding confidentiality of files and incidents on campus as well as safety and security of residential life
• answering questions from walk-ins or phone calls
• directing phone calls or people around campus
• making freshmen/transfer orientation packets
• mailing information to students
• creating several Excel lists and Word projects
• cross-referencing lists of housing sign-ups, keys, fines lists, etc.
• letting locked out students into their rooms
• posting flyers around campus
• making banners for events on campus
• occasional checking in/out of students
• training new employees when necessary
• doing other- special projects as needed by the Dean of Students, Assistant Dean, & Director of Student Involvement, Leadership, & Orientation.
• Office Hours are 8am-6 pm Monday-Friday.
2) Qualifications Required/Preferred
• excellent people skills
• stress management
• There is a great deal of confidential information so dependability and trustworthiness is important.
• Typing, filing, sorting, phone skills
• A good knowledge of the campus and its resources are highly valued
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to Karnell Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.