The Charles H. Dick Science Building originally opened in September, 1949 during the presidency of Robert D. Steele (1939–1952) with support from the James A. Hogle family. Named in honor of Westminster's 14th college president (1985–1995) Dr. Dick, who was an educator, administrator, and fundraiser. He had been president of Centenary College in New Jersey and vice president at Cornell University Medical Center. He graduated from the University of Kansas, earned a Master's degree from California State University, and a PhD in marketing and management from Northwestern. Also an avid flutist, jogger and dog-lover, Charles Dick and his wife Barbara won many friends for the college.
Until the opening of the Meldrum Science Center in 2011, the Dick Science Building was home to the majority of the science, physics, chemistry, and nursing classes, as well as offices for the science faculty and laboratories. It currently houses six classrooms, along with the campus greenhouse.
Accessible entrances: via Malouf east (upper-level) south in main hallway, use walkway on left.