Named after Frank E. Duddy, college president from 1956 to 1963. Dr. Duddy was the school's first non-ministerial president. He earned a PhD from Harvard and had taught 10 years at the U.S. Naval Academy. During his term, such key additions as Carleson and Hogle Halls were added to the College. The Duddy Duplex is currently used for student housing.