The mission of Promise South Salt Lake's partnership with Westminster is to connect the communities through shared purpose by fostering authentic, relevant, and transformational experiences and relationships. There are many meaningful service and community employment opportunities available.
The four goals of the partnership are:
- To create a reciprocal partnership for all involved as we utilize the skills and expertise of the Westminster and South Salt Lake communities to improve outcomes for community members.
- To support the educational achievement of South Salt Lake residents to attain higher education, including attending Westminster College.
- To involve Westminster students in taking a hands-on approach to community development through leadership opportunities.
- To encourage the Westminster students, alumni, faculty, and staff who become engaged with the partnership to do so in ways that enhance achievement of the college-wide learning goals.
To access the Promise South Salt Lake Partnership Request Form, please visit this website.
Local SSL Centers
Below is a list of the centers in SSL that are in need of volunteers.
- Historic Scott School Arts & Community Center - 3280 South 540 East, South Salt Lake, Utah 84106
- Roosevelt Elementary Community School - 3225 South 800 East, South Salt Lake, Utah 84106
- Hser Ner Moo Community and Welcome Center - 479 East 2250 South, South Salt Lake, Utah 84115
- Lincoln Elementary Community School - 450 East 3700 South, South Salt Lake, Utah 84115
- Columbus Community Recreation Center - 2531 South 400 East, South Salt Lake, Utah 84115
- Granite Park Junior High Community School - 3031 South 200 East, South Salt Lake, Utah 84115
- Central Park Community Center: PAL Boxing Program - 2797 South 200 East, South Salt Lake, Utah 84115
- Woodrow Wilson Elelmentary Community School - 2567 South Main Street, South Salt Lake, Utah 84115
- Utah International Charter High School - 3605 South 300 East, South Salt Lake, Utah 84106
Last updated 10/23/2014