Current Volunteer Opportunities Spotlight
Check this page for highlighted current volunteer needs in the community.
See our newsletter for more opportunities.
- March 11th from 4-6 PM in the Center for Civic Engagement.
- March 26th from 12-1 PM in the HOWA room in Shaw.
- Come learn about how to incorporate service and leadership into your resume.
- Bring your resume questions and/or resume.
Campus Blood Drive
- The event is held on campus on March 29th from 7 AM-5 PM
- Science experience is not required.
- Volunteers will be helping with registration, handing out shirts, and helping with science events.
- To volunteer and for questions, please contact Karissa Killian at email@example.com.
- A summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings.
- Volunteer dates are: Kids week June 7-13, Teen week June 15-20, and Day camp June 15-17.
- Student can receive college credit as an internship.
- Application forms and job descriptions are available on their website.
- For more information, contact Chris Beckwith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Active Aging Program by Salt Lake County Aging Services
- Located at the Tenth East Senior Citizen Center.
- Students can get involved with teaching classes/providing some for of education to the participants on various health topics.
- Currently are looking for someone to cover March's topic.
- Future topics include: nutrition, arthritis, men's health, UV safety, fall prevention, and diabetes.
- For more information and to get involved, contact Brenda Oberg at 385-468-3140 or email@example.com.
Cottonwood High School Tutoring
- Tutoring in Math, English, History, Science, & Social Sciences.
- Volunteers are needed from 9AM - 3:30 PM.
- For more information and to volunteer, please contact Justeena Masina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promise South Salt Lake Neighborhood Centers
- Utah International School: located at 350 East Baird Circle
- 3:15 to 6:15 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- One to two times per week in any subject area working with 7-10th grades.
- To get started, contact Elizabeth Bunker at 801.520.7175 or email@example.com.
- Granite Park Junior High: located at 3031 South 200 East
- 2:45 to 5:15 p.m. Monday-Thursdays.
- Any subject area working with 7-9th grades.
- To get started, contact Adrienne Buhler at 801.633.5355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roosevelt Elementary: located at 3225 South 800 East
- 3:45 to 5:45 p.m. Monday-Thursdays.
- Help with general homework, reading, and club activities.
- To get started, contact Christie Gehrke at 801.828.8219 or email@example.com.
Salt Lake Center for Science Education "Read Graduate Succeed" Initiative
- Tutoring students in Chemistry and Physics.
- No long term commitment required.
- Look at their flyer for days and times volunteers are needed.
- For more information or to sign up please contact Amy at 801-660-0155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maliheh Free Clinic
- Maliheh Free Clinic is for those who have no insurance and cannot qualify for Medicare or Medicaid.
- Volunteer positions include: Nurses, EMT, CNA’s MA’s, phlebotomists, Spanish interpreters, Resource and Office.
- Two time shifts are available: The Morning shift is 8:45 – 12:30 and the afternoon shift is 12:45 – 4:30. Open Monday-Thursday.
- Contact Tammy Garfield, volunteer coordinator at 801-266-3700 option 2 or by email at email@example.com.
PAL Boxing Center/South Salt Lake
- Opportunity to be a tutor, mentor, or guest facilitatory.
- For more information about the volunteer positions please see this handout.
- If you would like to be a tutor or guest facilitator, please contact Dustin Permann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to be a mentor, please contact Sana Vakalhi at email@example.com.
Volunteer with Promise South Salt Lake
- Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, reading club, soccer refereeing, chaperoning for fun field trips, help running sports activities, boxing coaching and other recreational activities.
- Commitment of 1-2 hours per week.
- Contact Domoina Voniarisoa at 801-466-3238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more volunteer opportunities see our current newsletter.
Last updated 3/6/2014