Check this page for highlighted needs in the community.
See our newsletter for more opportunities.
Comcasts Cares Day at the Road Home
- The event is April 26th from 7 AM - 12 PM.
- Meet in the Bassis Center at 7 AM, and then head to the road home as a group.
- Volunteers will be helping to do yard work, deep cleaning, paint, etc.
- To RSVP and for questions, please contact Robyn Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utah Arts Festival
- The Utah Arts Festival is June 26th-29th.
- Volunteers are need to help prior to the start of the festival to set up, during the festival, and after the festival for take down.
- Open enrollment for volunteer applications starts on April 15th.
- Visit their website to learn about the different positions available and to fill out a volunteer interest form.
American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure
- The event is on June 14, 2014.
- Volunteers are need for all aspects of the event.
- Help is needed from 5:30 AM-6:00 PM with a minimum shift of five hours requested.
- Meals and a volunteer t-shirt will be provided.
- Please complete their sign-up form and email it to Shawnie O'Neil at email@example.com.
Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp
- The summer camp is held at Camp Roger in Kamas, Utah.
- Volunteers are need August 9th-14th (camp ages 12-17) and August 14th-19th (camp ages 6-11).
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and able to lift and care for people between the ages of 6-17,
- Counselors will help with daily activities such as: eating, bathing, dressing, and recreational activities.
- Please see their flyer for more information.
- To apply, fill out their volunteer interest form and email it to Kuulei Amado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ouelessebougou Alliance Fundraiser
- The event takes place Saturday May 3rd at the Little America hotel.
- The event runs from 8 AM - 10 PM.
- Each volunteer will work a 2-3 hour shift and receive food and a t-shirt
- For more information and to volunteer, please contact Joshua White at email@example.com.
Cottonwood High School Tutoring
- Tutoring in Math, English, History, Science, & Social Sciences.
- Volunteers are needed from 9AM - 3:30 PM.
- For more information and to volunteer, please contact Justeena Masina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promise South Salt Lake Neighborhood Centers
- Utah International School: located at 350 East Baird Circle
- 3:15 to 6:15 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- One to two times per week in any subject area working with 7-10th grades.
- To get started, contact Elizabeth Bunker at 801.520.7175 or email@example.com.
- Granite Park Junior High: located at 3031 South 200 East
- 2:45 to 5:15 p.m. Monday-Thursdays.
- Any subject area working with 7-9th grades.
- To get started, contact Adrienne Buhler at 801.633.5355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roosevelt Elementary: located at 3225 South 800 East
- 3:45 to 5:45 p.m. Monday-Thursdays.
- Help with general homework, reading, and club activities.
- To get started, contact Christie Gehrke at 801.828.8219 or email@example.com.
Maliheh Free Clinic
- Maliheh Free Clinic is for those who have no insurance and cannot qualify for Medicare or Medicaid.
- Volunteer positions include: Nurses, EMT, CNA’s MA’s, phlebotomists, Spanish interpreters, Resource and Office.
- Two time shifts are available: The Morning shift is 8:45 – 12:30 and the afternoon shift is 12:45 – 4:30. Open Monday-Thursday.
- Contact Tammy Garfield, volunteer coordinator at 801-266-3700 option 2 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAL Boxing Center/South Salt Lake
- Opportunity to be a tutor, mentor, or guest facilitatory.
- For more information about the volunteer positions please see this handout.
- If you would like to be a tutor or guest facilitator, please contact Dustin Permann at email@example.com.
- If you would like to be a mentor, please contact Sana Vakalhi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer with Promise South Salt Lake
- Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, reading club, soccer refereeing, chaperoning for fun field trips, help running sports activities, boxing coaching and other recreational activities.
- Commitment of 1-2 hours per week.
- Contact Domoina Voniarisoa at 801-466-3238 or email@example.com.
For more volunteer opportunities see our current newsletter.
Last updated 4/15/2014