MTSE & SISL Grant
· Current matriculated (degree-seeking) Westminster College undergraduate students in good standing.
· Demonstrated financial need as determined by FAFSA. If the applicant did not file a FAFSA this year, he/she should include a written explanation of the circumstances.
· Planning to enroll in a Westminster MTSE or India SISL in 2014 and earn academic credit.
· Eligible students should complete and sign the application form.
· Attach one 200-300 word essay that includes three parts:
o An introduction to yourself
o A description of how the MTSE or SISL you have selected will help you achieve your academic and career goals
o An explanation about why this grant is important to you
Completed applications should be turned in to the Diversity & International Center in Walker One (next to Hogle Hall) before 5:00 pm on Wednesday, October 9th. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Students who are selected as recipients of the grant will be awarded up to $1500 towards the cost of the program. Monies will be deposited directly to the program account by the payment deadline provided the student has met all other financial and pre-departure obligations.
Selection for a grant does not guarantee registration in any MTSE or SISL and students must complete and turn in registration paperwork in a timely manner. Registration for MTSE and SISL begins at the May Term Fair at 10:00 am on Thursday, October 17th and continues until January 15, 2014 or the program is full, whichever occurs first. All participants are required to follow proper MTSE and SISL registration guidelines including payment of the non-refundable $300 deposit, other payment deadlines and pre-departure obligations as indicated in the program syllabus.