Westminster College 2011-2012
Master Track - Master of Professional Communication
The Master Track program provides MPC students and MPC alumni with the opportunity to explore practical business and career issues in a confidential group setting and to receive mentoring support from area communications leaders.
What is Master Track?
Master Track is a seminar program that includes 8–12 participants and meets once per month from September through May. It is co-led by two experienced communications professionals with entrepreneurial and group facilitation experience. The charge for this non-credit seminar is $475.
Each month Master Track offers the following opportunities:
- Personal mentoring from a communications leader
- One-on-one coaching from the seminar leader(s) to discuss individual career and life issues
- Exposure to corporate officers from communications companies in a confidential small group setting, with opportunities for an ongoing individual mentoring relationship with many of the presenters
- Peer seminar for group discussion regarding your challenges and opportunities
The following activities represent a typical seminar day:
- 9:30–Noon Outside speakers, generally selected from successful Salt Lake area
business owners and communications leaders who will share their experiences in starting and running their communications companies
- Noon–1:00 Lunch, participant updates, and morning debriefing
- 1:00–2:30 Executive session, where participants use the group as their “personal board of directors” to address issues important to them. This session is limited to participants and the seminar co-leaders only, and all discussions are held in confidence.
- Ground Rules include strict group confidentiality and 100% participation.