If you are interested in applying to the RN to BS program, you must submit the following.
- Online Application
- $50 Application Fee
- A minimum cumulative and prerequisite grade point average of 2.8 and a grade or C or higher in all prerequisite courses.
- Official Transcripts from an ACEN (NLNAC) or CCNE accredited school of nursing documenting diploma or degree with a major in nursing.
- An active Utah RN license in good standing.
- A typed letter of intent, which includes statements related to your skills and qualifications.
- A state and federal background check indicating no arrest history or no criminal record. Applicants can use copies from their board exam. (This cannot be used unless the student kept copies. If the results went directly to the DOPL, they will have to do a new background check.) Copies from background checks must be within the last six months. If a background check shows an arrest history or criminal record, the Dean conducts an evaluation of the background check.
- Students will be required to provide 10 panel drug test results from an approved laboratory (Salt Lake WorkMed or Murray WorkMed). Drug test results must be negative. Copies from employment within the last six months are acceptable.
*Students in the program may be required to obtain background checks and/or drug screens during the program.
Additional Requirements Upon Acceptance
- Upon acceptance, students will present:
Students are required to attend orientations and seminars that will be announced in advance.
Students need to access technology appropriate to the on-line delivery methods of the programs.
Students are required to achieve a grade of C or higher in nursing coursework in both theoretical and clinical components of each nursing course.
Students will notify the School of Nursing and Health Sciences of any changes in federal or state background check status.
Students will have malpractice insurance added to their tuition and fees.
- Current health certificate indicating health status and current immunizations, including Hepatitis B vaccinations and a negative TB test or its equivalent(must be kept current throughout the program).
- Current CPR certification (must be kept current throughout the program).
- Utah license (must be kept current throughout the program).
- Proof of health insurance.