SHS offers a variety of services. The following is some of the services offered at SHS.
- If you are a new patient (or have not done so before) you will be asked to fill out a patient history form. The history is vital to ensure that you receive the appropriate medical care. In order to save some time at SHS, print and complete the necessary forms before your appointment. Give the completed forms to the receptionist when you check in.
- General Checkup
- Sports Physicals
- Women's Health: Pelvic Exams & Pap Smears
- Men's Health: Testicular Exams
- STD Check
- Cough, Colds, Flu
- Sore Throat
- Abdominal Pain
- The Nurse Practitioner can write prescriptions for most medications. There is no pharmacy on campus. A list of local pharmacies can be found here. Many are within walking distance.
- Adacel (Tdap) $35
- Hepatitis A $50 per Dose (2 Doses in a Series)
- Hepatitis B $50 per Dose (3 Doses in a Series)
- Twinrix (Combined Hepatitis A & B) $90 per Dose (3 Doses in a Series)
- Influenza - Available Fall 2009 - $15
- Menactra (Meningitis) $100
*If you visit SHS for an immunization ONLY, you will not be charged the $10.00 fee.
*Please Note: Availability of immunizations and prices are subject to change.
- Basic First Aid Care
- Orthopedic Care including Ace Wraps, Bracing
- Wart Removal
- Ear Irrigation
Labs Available at SHS
Labs Available via Send Out
- TB (PPD) $5 - Must be Placed on Mondays & Tuesdays
- Urine HCG (Pregnancy) Test $10
- Rapid Strep Screen $10
- Urine Analysis $10
- Blood Glucose Monitoring $5
- Mono Screen $10
- Flu A&B Screen $20
- Cholesterol Check $12
- Complete Blood Count $6
- Confidential STD Testing (Price Varies)
- Cultures (Price Varies)
- Electrolytes $8
- Liver Function Tests $10
- Pap Smear $46
- Thyroid Studies $20
*Please Note: Availability of labs and prices are subject to change.
- Prescriptions for Birth Control - The nurse practitioner can discuss different birth control options with you, as well as write you a prescription for the pill, the patch, or the ring. IUCs (intrauterine contraceptive), Implanon, depo, diaphragms, and cervical caps are not available at SHS.
- Pregnancy Preparation
- Emergency Contraception - "The Morning After Pill" - If you are 18 or older you can go directly to your local drugstore to get Plan B. If you are younger than 18, then you will need to visit SHS for a prescription.